Inventor-Controlled Plaintiff Sues Polycom
- June 26, 2018
Polycom (2:18-cv-00331) is the target of a new suit filed by inventor-controlled DirectPacket Research, Inc., apparently doing business as “directPacket Research”. The plaintiff asserts three patents generally related to multimedia communications across computer networks; Polycom is accused of infringement through provision of Video Border Proxy (VBP), a “firewall traversal and security solution”. In June 2011, the patents-in-suit were transferred from DirectPacket, Inc., an “audio visual integration” and “telepresence” consultancy operating under the name “OneVision Solutions” and also controlled by two of the patents’ named inventors.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics