With Original Case Dismissed Due to Botched Transfer of Rights, WiLAN Refiles Against LGE
- July 14, 2018
Quarterhill Inc. (then named Wi-LAN Inc.) underwent a corporate restructuring last June, after which it apparently failed to properly transfer rights to a group of networking patents it had asserted against LG Electronics (LGE) earlier in the year. Now, with its original case against LGE having been dismissed for lack of subject matter jurisdiction, Quarterhill (as Wi-LAN Inc.; Wi-LAN USA, Inc.; and Wi-LAN Labs, Inc.; collectively WiLAN) has refiled against LGE, asserting the same four networking patents at issue in the original case (3:18-cv-01577).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics