Millennial Banking Preferences Figure Prominently in Latest Complaints in App Development Campaign
- July 21, 2018
Wapp Tech Corp. and Wapp Tech Limited Partnership (collectively, Wapp Tech) have filed suit against Bank of America (4:18-cv-00519) and Wells Fargo (4:18-cv-00501), asserting the same three network simulation patents already at issue in cases filed against HP Enterprise (HPE) and Micro Focus earlier this month. Wapp Tech accuses the banks of infringement through its use of the Micro Focus mobile application testing systems previously accused, including “the LoadRunner, Performance Center, StormRunner and Mobile Center software products”. The new complaint lays the groundwork for a royalty demand that Wapp Tech indicates will be “significant” by tying its patent portfolio to the development of the “App Economy”, particularly to the banking preferences of millennials operating in that economy.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics