IPVal Affiliate Acquires and Asserts AfterBOT’s Digital Receipts Portfolio
- July 20, 2018
Chapterhouse LLC, an affiliate of monetization firm IPValuation Partners, LLC (IPVal), has filed its first lawsuit, accusing Shopify (2:18-cv-00300) of infringing four patents broadly related to generating and storing information about a product and/or a sales transaction, including receipts for such purchases. At issue are various aspects of Shopify’s “ecommerce platform system”, including features that generate electronic receipts and sales reports, provide transaction notifications, insert links into email notifications designed to induce customers to complete idle transactions or to make secondary purchases (with that feature provided by the Spently add-on), and to export a list of orders. The website for the patents’ original assignee AfterBOT (with latest copyright in 2013) advertises that entity’s “intellectual property rights for digital receipts”.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics