Lyft Accused of Infringing Retired Georgia Tech Professor’s Patent
- July 24, 2018
In a new case filed in the Southern District of New York, inventor-controlled RideApp, Inc. has accused Lyft (1:18-cv-06685) of infringing a single patent generally related to connecting drivers with passengers and facilitating payment between the two. At issue is Lyft’s ridesharing service. RideApp’s complaint characterizes RideApp as a “newly formed transportation company” of Stephen R. Dickerson, a retired Georgia Institute of Technology professor.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics