California Jury Hands Down $145.1M Against Apple in WiLAN’s Sprawling Wireless Networking Campaign
- August 1, 2018
A jury in the Southern District of California has awarded Wi-LAN Inc. (WiLAN) $145.1M in damages, finding that Apple has infringed two wireless communications patents through provision of certain models of the iPhone 6, iPhone 7, and iPhone SE. The asserted patents are among more than 50 that have been litigated in WiLAN’s wireless networking campaign, which has seen multiple trials and a number of settlements since its inception in 2007.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics