Sequoia Technology Asserts ETRI Patent in New Metadata Storage Campaign
- August 3, 2018
Sequoia Technology LLC, as exclusive licensee of the patent-in-suit, has launched a litigation campaign, suing Dell (EMC) (1:18-cv-01127), Hitachi (1:18-cv-01129), and HP Enterprise (HPE) (1:18-cv-01128) in Delaware. Currently available USPTO records identify Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI) as the assignee of the patent, which is generally related to managing the storage of metadata. The defendants are accused of infringement through the provision of products and services offering Logical Volume Manager (LVM) dynamic resizing (which allows the dynamic resizing of storage partitions), including certain Linux operating systems and server hardware.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics