More Suits Against Amazon and Microsoft Follow Transfer of Hundreds of Patents from Uniloc to Fortress
Yet more cases have been filed by Uniloc Corporation Pty. Limited and Fortress Investment Group LLC, through controlled subsidiaries—six against Amazon (2:18-cv-00328, 2:18-cv-00329, 2:18-cv-00339, 2:18-cv-00340, 2:18-cv-00341, 2:18-cv-00342), and one against Microsoft (8:18-cv-01320). These filings follow a barrage of new cases filed the prior week against BlackBerry (four new cases), Huawei (one case), Samsung (one case), and ZTE (four cases), as well as against Amazon (four cases) and Microsoft (one case). Uniloc has now launched over 15 campaigns in 2018 alone, most of them asserting patents received this past January from publicly traded NPE Pendrell Corporation. In May 2018, Uniloc executed an assignment of nearly 600 US patents to Uniloc 2017 LLC, a Fortress subsidiary, according to a March 28, 2018 Asset Purchase Agreement, the terms of which have not been made public.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
- Uniloc Luxembourg S.A. et al v. Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Uniloc Luxembourg S.A. et al v. SolarWinds, Inc.
- Uniloc Luxembourg S.A. et al v. Ipswitch, Inc.
- Uniloc Luxembourg S.A. et al v. Rosetta Stone Ltd.
- Uniloc Luxembourg S.A. et al v. StorageCraft Technology Corporation
- Uniloc Luxembourg S.A. et al v. Telerik, Inc.
- Uniloc Luxembourg S.A. et al v. Alt-N Technologies, Ltd.
- Uniloc Luxembourg S.A. et al v. Wolfram Research, Inc.
- Uniloc Luxembourg S.A. et al v. Corel Inc.
- Uniloc Luxembourg S.A. et al v. Autodesk, Inc.,