Native American Tribe Is Among the Latest Recipients of Patents from Intellectual Ventures
Patents continue to peel off from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) at a rapid rate, with one of its most recent divestitures, involving nearly 40 US assets, received by a Native American tribe. The transaction came just days after a ruling by the Federal Circuit that inter partes reviews against tribal entities are not barred by sovereign immunity.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics