Fourth Affiliated NPE Asserts Another Nero AG Patent, This Time Against Audio Workstation Software Providers
- August 7, 2018
Balor Audio LLC, a Texas NPE created this past January, has initiated a litigation campaign, suing Avid Technology (1:18-cv-11662) and Mark of the Unicorn (1:18-cv-11663). The new complaints assert a single patent, generally related to audio signal generation, with infringement allegations focused on the provision of audio workstation software: Avid Technology’s Pro Tools and Mark of the Unicorn’s Digital Performer. Balor Audio’s patent-in-suit is the fourth of four patents transferred late last year from German computer software company Nero AG to affiliated NPEs to be asserted in court.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!