Rothschild Plaintiff Keeps Bluetooth Campaign Alive with New Suit Against JVCKenwood
- August 23, 2018
Display Technologies, LLC, an NPE controlled by inventor Leigh M. Rothschild, has filed suit against JVCKenwood (2:18-cv-07244) over the provision of certain Bluetooth-enabled automotive audio receivers—namely, Kenwood DPX792BH and DPX702BH. This campaign has been active since June 2015, with earlier cases focused on the alleged infringement by Wi-Fi-enabled digital cameras and related image transfer apps, as well as by media transfer/streaming software, by the first member of a two-patent family. Since January 2017, the NPE’s complaints have turned to the second patent in the family, targeting NFC-capable products.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics