Texas Jury Issues Infringement Verdict in PanOptis Case Against Huawei
- August 31, 2018
Category: Patent Litigation FeatureMarket Sector: Mobile Communications and Devices
A Texas jury has issued a verdict of infringement for related NPEs Optis Cellular Technology LLC; Optis Wireless Technology, LLC; and PanOptis Patent Management, LLC (collectively, PanOptis) against Huawei, finding that various LTE-compatible mobile phones and tablets sold by the company infringe five patents related to the LTE standard (2:17-cv-00123). The verdict included a damages award of $10.6M and a finding of willfulness, with the jury also finding that none of the patents had been shown to be invalid.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!