After Multiple Early Dismissals, Be Labs Adds Three More Defendants to Networking Campaign
- September 4, 2018
Allied Telesis (1:18-cv-01368), Calix (1:18-cv-01369), and Cisco (1:18-cv-01370) are the latest defendants to be added to the sole litigation campaign of inventor-backed NPE Be Labs, Inc. The two patents-in-suit generally relate to systems for wirelessly distributing media content throughout a “premises”. Throughout its campaign, Be Labs has targeted routers and gateways compliant with the IEEE 802.11ac and 802.11n Wi-Fi standards. The accused products in the complaints against Allied Telesis and Cisco suits include enterprise-grade Wi-Fi access points, while the accused Calix products are its GigaCenter “service delivery center” devices, which offer Wi-Fi, are designed to provide mesh networking in conjunction with related Calix products not named in the complaint (Calix 804Mesh satellites and Support Cloud), and are meant for provision by Internet service providers.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics