Federal Circuit Affirms PTAB Ruling Upholding Finjan Patent as NPE Reports Jump in Revenue
- September 21, 2018
Category: Patent Litigation FeatureMarket Sector: Networking
Another Finjan Holdings, Inc. patent has survived a validity challenge. On September 19, the Federal Circuit upheld a March 2017 decision in an inter partes review (IPR) filed by Palo Alto Networks, finding that a malware detection patent held by the publicly traded NPE is not invalid as obvious. The decision affirmed the PTAB’s holding that the asserted combinations of prior art did not disclose a key claim limitation related to the processing of data received over a network. It comes shortly after Finjan, buoyed by recent settlements in its ongoing litigation campaign, reported $82.3M in revenue for the first half of 2018, an increase of more than 200% over the same period last year.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!