VR Platforms Targeted with Previously Litigated Patent Family
Motiva Patents, LLC, an NPE formed in Texas earlier this year, has picked up the assertion of a family of patents from an Ohio entity controlled by their named inventors. The patents generally relate to providing a user feedback based on a wireless device tracking that user’s movement, with the new suits targeting virtual reality systems provided by Facebook (9:18-cv-00178) (Oculus Rift + Touch), HTC (9:18-cv-00179) (Vive, Vive Pro, and Vive BE), and Sony (9:18-cv-00180) (Playstation VR). Motiva Patents pleads current ownership of the patents-in-suit; their original assignee, Motiva LLC, litigated the earliest of them unsuccessfully against Nintendo in district court and before the International Trade Commission (ITC).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics