September PTAB Activity Includes Validity Challenges in Wireless and Mobile Device Campaigns
The Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) saw activity in AIA reviews against a variety of familiar plaintiffs in September, including validity challenges brought in campaigns targeting wireless communications technology and mobile devices. Among the NPEs hit with petitions for inter partes review (IPR) in September were Intellectual Ventures LLC, which continues to pursue its existing litigation as it divests other parts of its portfolio; and entities controlled by Fortress Investment Group LLC and Uniloc Corporation Pty. Limited, both of which have kept up a barrage of new litigation asserting former Pendrell Corporation patents. Also in September, the PTAB instituted trial in IPRs against Quarterhill Inc. and an NPE related to PanOptis Equity Holdings LLC, and issued final decisions against private plaintiffs including General Patent Corporation.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
- Intellectual Ventures I LLC et al v. Canon Inc. et al
- Marvell Semiconductor Inc. et al v. WI-Lan, Inc.,
- Intellectual Ventures I LLC et al v. Nikon Corporation et al
- WI-Lan, Inc. v. Westell Technologies, Inc et al
- WI-LAN Inc. v. Calix, Inc.
- Broadcom Corporation et al v. WI-Lan, Inc.,
- WI-LAN Inc. v. Apple, Inc. et al
- WI-Lan, Inc. v. Acer, Inc. et al
- Acer America Corp. et al v. WI-Lan, Inc.,
- Aliphcom v. Wi-Lan, Inc.