Once Again, American Patents Expands Assertion of Disparate Set of Former IV Patents
American Patents LLC ended October the same way it began the month—adding more cases to the litigation campaign that it started in September. The new suits name BlackBerry and TCL together (4:18-cv-00767); Best Buy, Hisense, Sharp, and TPV together (4:18-cv-00768); and Panasonic (4:18-cv-00766), all joining Acer, ASUS, HP, Huawei, LG Electronics (LGE), OnePlus, Samsung, and ZTE as defendants in the Eastern District of Texas. Across its complaints, American Patents targets—with patents received from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV)—the provision of a variety devices (including laptops, smartphones, and smart TVs) offering Google’s Chromecast streaming and/or keyboards with predictive text features and other features related to keyboard layout, as well as devices that support of Wi-Fi and/or cellular connectivity.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
- American Patents LLC v. Huawei Device USA Inc. et al
- American Patents LLC v. LG Electronics, Inc. et al
- American Patents LLC v. ZTE Corporation et al
- American Patents LLC v. Samsung Electronics America, Inc. et al
- American Patents LLC v. Acer Inc.
- American Patents LLC v. AsusTek Computer Inc.
- American Patents LLC v. OnePlus Technology (Shenzen) Co., Ltd.
- American Patents LLC v. HP Inc.
- American Patents LLC v. Panasonic Corporation of North America
- American Patents LLC v. TCL Corp. et al