Apparent IP Edge Affiliate Launches Video Messaging Campaign
Rainey Circuit LLC, an apparent affiliate of monetization firm IP Edge LLC, has kicked off a new multi-district campaign, suing 8x8 (1:18-cv-01903), Vonage (1:18-cv-01904), and WhatsApp (1:18-cv-01905) in the District of Delaware; BlackBerry (3:18-cv-03156) in the Northern District of Texas; and Twitter (1:18-cv-07905) in the Northern District of Illinois. Each complaint asserts a single patent generally related to transmitting “multimedia” messages, with infringement allegations focused on video messaging features (i.e., messages containing both video and audio components) within the 8x8 Virtual Office app, BBM and the Messenger app on BlackBerry devices, the Vonage Mobile app, the WhatsApp messaging platform and mobile app, and Twitter’s social networking platform.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics