Quarterhill’s Earnings Get Even “Lumpier” After Judge Trims Damages Award Against Apple
Quarterhill Inc. closed 2018 with multiple new licenses, including with OmniVision (for patents acquired from Panasonic) and Powerchip (covering patents acquired from Infineon). Meanwhile, various Quarterhill subsidiaries continue litigating patents received from Infineon, OKI, or Panasonic, with recently released USPTO records suggesting that more litigation is coming. One thing is certain, however: Quarterhill’s earnings, which its executives have referred to as “lumpy”, just got lumpier. On Thursday, a judge slashed the company’s Q3 trial win against Apple from $145.1M to just $10M.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics