Data Scape Adds Another Defendant, in Yet Another District
Last week, Dropbox (1:19-cv-00048) joined Amazon and F5 Networks as defendants in the US litigation campaign of Data Scape Limited, an entity formed in Ireland in January 2017. Late that year, the NPE appears to have kicked things off in Germany, as publicly available litigation records indicate that a hearing was held in October 2017 in Germany’s Munich Regional Court for a lawsuit filed by the NPE against Riverbed Technology and another, anonymous defendant, with a March 2018 hearing held in a second case against Riverbed in that same district. In December 2018, Data Scape sued Apple, Citrix, Pandora, Spotify, and Western Digital in the Central District of California, as well as Dell, Fujitsu, and SAP in the Eastern District of Texas, asserting subsets of patents acquired through a March 2017 assignment from Sony.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
- Data Scape Limited v. Spotify USA Inc. et al
- Data Scape Limited v. Citrix System, Inc.
- Data Scape Limited v. Pandora Media, Inc.
- Data Scape Limited v. Apple Inc.
- Data Scape Limited v. Western Digital Corporation et al
- Data Scape Limited v. Dell Technologies, Inc. et al
- Data Scape Limited v. PFU (EMEA) Limited et al
- Data Scape Limited v. SAP America, Inc. et al
- Data Scape Limited v. F5 Networks, Inc.
- Data Scape Limited v. Amazon.com, Inc. et al