Self-Proclaimed “Inventor of the Connected Home” Kicks Off Smart Home Campaign Through Portus
Inventor-controlled Portus Singapore Pte Ltd. and its Australian subsidiary Portus Pty Limited have initiated their first litigation campaign as patent owner and exclusive licensee, respectively, suing AT&T (AT&T Digital Life) (2:19-cv-00044) in the Eastern District of Texas, AXP Group (Vivint) (3:19-cv-00310) in the Northern District of Texas, and Zmodo Technology (2:19-cv-02029) in the Northern District of Illinois. A family of two patents generally related to monitoring and/or controlling devices at a remote location is asserted against each defendant, with infringement allegations focused on the provision of smart home automation and security products—i.e., the AT&T Digital product suite, the Vivint Smart Hub, and Zmodo’s Pivot and Pivot Cloud, both Internet-connected home security cameras offering remote access features and that serve as control hubs for other smart devices (e.g., lights).
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics