We're Back, Says Acacia
Last August, Acacia Research Corporation—which had not launched any new US litigation campaigns since mid-2015—underwent a sweeping leadership change. Since then, it has revived a number of its litigation campaigns, and it has also begun rebuilding its IP licensing team, said director Alfred J. Tobia Jr. in a recent earnings call covering Q4 2018 results. According to Acacia, that team is expected to “research and process” $20M of new IP capital expenditure in 2019.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics