Oso IP Affiliate Launches New Campaign Targeting Mobile Devices with Google Chrome Preinstalled
Jenam Tech, LLC has begun a new litigation campaign, suing LG Electronics (LGE) (4:19-cv-00249) and Samsung (4:19-cv-00250) in the Eastern District of Texas over two patents generally related to “detecting an idle TCP connection”. The plaintiff accuses both defendants of infringement through the provision of devices—certain smartphones and laptops, as well as, for Samsung, other “computing devices” such as “laptops, desktops, [and] Chromebooks”—with Google Chrome preinstalled. At issue is Chrome’s support of QUIC, a Google-developed protocol that improves the performance of certain web applications by establishing multiplexed connections between two endpoints.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics