Another Apparent Oso IP Affiliate Initiates New Campaign, This One Targeting Samsung’s Chatbot
- April 6, 2019
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sectors: E-Commerce and Software, Mobile Communications and Devices
Gummarus, LLC identifies as the accused product in its Eastern District of Texas suit (4:19-cv-00251) the Samsung Chatbot, an automated, browser-based technical support assistant that operates through instant messaging-style text chat, as used within a browser (like Google Chrome) running on a “personal computing device (e.g., a desktop computer, laptop computer, smartphone, tablet computer, etc.)”. At issue is a feature that allows the user to select a device category (e.g., “Mobile” or “TVs & Home”) and then a specific device for support (e.g., the Galaxy Note 9) by clicking an image from each of two successive series of images, which are presented in response to the user’s initial text requests.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!