QPRC Also Sues Apple in the Eastern District of Texas
- April 13, 2019
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: Mobile Communications and Devices
Quest NetTech Corporation, a subsidiary of publicly traded Quest Patent Research Corporation (QPRC), has begun a new litigation campaign, suing Apple (2:19-cv-00118) over a single reissue patent broadly directed to a credit card system that stores “financial transaction records of a plurality of financial accounts”. The NPE alleges that Apple infringes the patent through the provision of the iPhone 6, running iOS 8, 9, and/or 10, as used for Apple Pay. Quest NetTech’s suit was filed in the Eastern District of Texas, alleging proper venue in the district based on the presence of two Apple retail stores there—stores that Apple reportedly has plans to close.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!