1. A boat cover for a suspended boat cover system for covering a boat comprising at least one panel of material that has a plurality of fitting seams that are located along the bow and fore section of the bow of the boat when covering the boat.
A boat cover for a suspended cover system that is configured to fit a boat in a manner that prevents relative movement therebetween minimizing wear. The cover has at least one fitting seam that follows part of the top of the boat. An integral cover cinching arrangement enables tightening the bottom of the cover against the hull hugging it. Vents overlying a passenger section minimize wind force by reducing cover pressure differential. The cover can be equipped with a second fitting seam that extends along the gunwale of the boat and can have a downwardly extending fitting seam section that extends below the gunwale toward the bow to help fit the cover to the front portion of the hull of the boat. Stretchable straps used to hang the cover from a track of the boat cover system can be used to minimize force on the cover caused by wave action.
- 1. A boat cover for a suspended boat cover system for covering a boat comprising at least one panel of material that has a plurality of fitting seams that are located along the bow and fore section of the bow of the boat when covering the boat.
22. A boat cover in combination with a suspended boat cover system for covering a boat disposed in a slip adjacent a dock comprising:
a plurality of panels joined together by an upper fitting seam that extends along and above a foredeck section of the boat; a cinching arrangement that extends about a bottom portion of each panel that releasably cinches the bottom of the boat cover against a hull of the boat; and at least one wind pressure differential reducing vent carried by each panel.
- View Dependent Claims (23, 24, 25)
26. A method of covering a boat comprising:
(a) providing a boat cover that is suspended from an overhanging track that overlies a boat in a slip with the boat cover comprising a plurality of panels having one panel on one side of the boat and the other one of the panels on the other side of the boat when covering the boat, a plurality of spaced apart fitting seams disposed adjacent and along a bow of the boat, a cinching arrangement that tightens a bottom portion of the boat cover about a hull of the boat substantially completely about the bottom periphery of the boat cover; (b) pulling the boat cover along the track until the front of the boat, including its bow, is engaged by the fitting seams; and (c) cinching the bottom portion of the boat cover about the hull of the boat.
- View Dependent Claims (27, 28)