SYSTEM FOR ANIMAL HEALTH DIAGNOSIS
1-39. -39. (canceled)
Selecting the nutrition for an animal or animal group comprises performing a diagnostic test to obtain first data. A data base that comprises first data relating a genomic analysis of a bodily fluid or tissue sample from an animal to a physiological condition and optionally the genotype of the animal is accessed. A data base that comprises second data relating to effects of nutrition on genomic analysis is accessed. The first and second data are processed with input data defining the physiological condition and optionally the genotype of the animal or animal group to derive the nutrition for an animal or animal group.
1-39. -39. (canceled)
40. A method of selecting nutrition for a companion animal comprising:
accessing at least one database that comprises first data relating genetic descriptor genomic data to a physiological condition, wherein the genetic descriptor data is obtained from either a bodily fluid or tissue sample; accessing second data comprising the effect of nutrition on the expression of a genetic descriptor of the genomic data; analyzing by use of a computer the first and second data relating the effect of nutrition on the expression of the genetic descriptor of the genomic data thereby to address the physiological data, and selecting a nutritional diet based on the processed data.
- View Dependent Claims (41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50)
51. A method of selecting nutrition based on diagnosing a state of wellness, disease or physiological disorder, or a predisposition to disease or physiological disorder in a companion animal, comprising performing a diagnostic test to obtain first data, and (a) accessing a data base that comprises phenotype and genotype data storing animal information;
- and (b) analyzing by use of a computer, the first data, genetic descriptor genomic data for the animal and temperament, longevity or cancer of the animal, and selecting the nutrition based on the diagnosis.
- View Dependent Claims (52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
62. A computer-readable physical medium having stored thereon instructions for a computer to access the medium comprising:
instructions to access data on the medium; a first database on the medium related to the genetic descriptor genomic data of a companion animal; a second database on the medium related to phenotypic data of the companion animal; instructions to analyze the first and second database;
the analysis being based on data relating to the phenotypic data and genomic data; and
the analysis including a diagnosis of the nutritional needs of the selected animal and on the genetic descriptors of gastrointestinal function gastrointestinal function, immunological function, temperament, longevity or cancer of the animal, the selected animal being at least one of a selected animal family, selected animal breed, selected animal grouping, or selected animal species thereby to address the gastrointestinal function, immunological function, temperament, longevity or cancer of the animal.