Media properties selection method and system based on expected profit from profile-based ad delivery
1-36. -36. (canceled)
An automatic system facilitates selection of media properties on which to display an advertisement, responsive to a profile collected on a first media property, where a behavioral-targeting company calculates expected profit for an ad correlated with the profile and arranges for the visitor to be tagged with a tag readable by the selected media property. The profit can be calculated by deducting, from the revenues that are expected to be generated from an ad delivered based on the collected profile, at least the price of ad space at a media property where the BT company might like to deliver ads to the profiled visitor. When the calculated profit is positive (i.e., not a loss), the BT company arranges for the visitor to be tagged with a tag readable by the selected media property through which the BT company expects to profit.
1-36. -36. (canceled)
37. A method of directing electronic advertisements, the method comprising:
for each of a multitude of different electronic visitors to a first media property, based on information indicating at least one of a plurality of profile attributes possibly applicable to the visitor, automatically electronically authorizing a third-party second media property to cause display, to the electronic visitor when the visitor visits the second media property at a time after the visitor visits the first media property, of an advertisement correlated with the indicated profile attributes, subject to a visitor-specific condition for display of the advertisement.
- View Dependent Claims (38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54)
55. A tangible computer-server device programmed to implement a method of directing electronic advertisements, the method comprising:
- View Dependent Claims (56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72)
73. A system comprising one or more computers programmed to implement a method of directing electronic advertisements, the method comprising:
- View Dependent Claims (74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90)