1. A method comprising bypassing electronics of a photovoltaic module by switching out the electronics and switching in a bypass circuit.
A bypass mechanism for a photovoltaic module which switches out the electronics and switches in a bypass mechanism.
- 1. A method comprising bypassing electronics of a photovoltaic module by switching out the electronics and switching in a bypass circuit.
7. An apparatus, comprising:
a first circuit node configured to be electrically coupled to a string of photovoltaic cells; a second circuit node; a third circuit node; a fourth circuit node; electronics electrically coupled in series between the third terminal and the fourth circuit nodes; and a bypass circuit configured to electrically short together at least some of the first, second, third, and fourth circuit nodes as follows; in a first state, electrically short together the first circuit node and the second circuit node; and in a second state, electrically short together the first circuit node and the third circuit node and electrically short together the second circuit node and the fourth circuit node.
- View Dependent Claims (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
15. A method, comprising:
bypassing electronics of a photovoltaic module using a bypass circuit; flash testing photovoltaic cells of the photovoltaic module while the electronics are bypassed; and reconnecting the electronics by switching in the electronics and switching out the bypass circuit.
- View Dependent Claims (16, 17, 18, 19, 20)