1. A foam article formed of a cold-weldable foam, the article being in the form of an elongate strip comprising a curved surface, the strip having at least one welded seam along its longitudinal length which maintains the configuration of the curved surface.
Elongate foam strips are formed by cold welding a flat foam web using blunt rotary cutters. A manually separable array of foam strips is formed by welding a flat foam web along a series of parallel lines, using cold welding or other joining methods, and packaging the array without separating the individual strips from one another.
- 1. A foam article formed of a cold-weldable foam, the article being in the form of an elongate strip comprising a curved surface, the strip having at least one welded seam along its longitudinal length which maintains the configuration of the curved surface.
- 7. An array of adjacent, elongate parallel foam strips, each strip comprising a curved surface between two longitudinal weld seams which maintain the curvature of the surface, adjacent strips being joined to each other by a longitudinal weld seam, and the individual strips being manually separable from the array.
- 11. A foam article formed of a foam capable of cold welding and having a curved surface maintained under compression by a welded seam, the article being at least partially coated with a surface layer.
- 16. A method of producing a foam article in the form of an elongate strip comprising a curved surface, comprising the step of longitudinally compressing a predetermined area of an elongate cold-weldable foam web using a blunt rotary cutter, so that a cold welded seam is formed which secures opposing surfaces of the web to each other at the region of the weld, thereby forming the curved surface.
- 20. A method of making an array of adjacent elongate foam strips comprising the steps of compressing a foam web along a series of three or more parallel lines to form curved surfaces on the web between the lines, and welding the compressed foam along the parallel lines to maintain the curvature of the surfaces, the welded foam joining adjacent strips but enabling manual separation of the strips along the parallel lines.