Network Security and Search at Issue in Growing Selene Campaign
Barracuda Networks, Google, HP, Juniper Networks, LinkedIn, and Microsoft were accused of infringing at least one of two patents that Selene Communication has asserted throughout its litigation campaign. Both patents originated with SRI International and were acquired by Selene in July 2013 (6,363,377, 7,143,444). The ‘377 patent relates to generating search queries while the ‘444 patent relates to network intrusion detection. Each case asserts at least one of the patents and the suits against HP and Microsoft assert both patents. Defendants’ servers with an intrusion detector process are accused of infringing ‘444 while search functionalities are accused of infringing ‘377. Selene began filing litigation in February of this year and now has more than 20 cases filed against networking and mobile service providers. 4/23, District of Delaware, 1:14cv00533, 1:14cv00534, 1:14cv00535, 1:14cv00536, 1:14cv00537
- Selene Communication Technologies LLC v. Barracuda Networks Inc.
- Selene Communication Technologies LLC v. Google Inc.
- Selene Communication Technologies LLC v. Hewlett-Packard Company
- Selene Communication Technologies LLC v. Juniper Networks Inc.
- Selene Communication Technologies LLC v. Microsoft Corporation