Twitter Joins Facebook and LinkedIn as Defendants in Sound View’s Assertion of Former Alcatel-Lucent Patents
- August 1, 2016
Sound View Innovations, LLC has added a case against Twitter (1:16-cv-00652) to those in which it has asserted patents from the large portfolio that it received from Alcatel-Lucent in 2013 and 2014. The new complaint accuses Twitter of infringing five of the patents (6,708,213) from that portfolio, including four (5,806,062; 6,240,391; 6,408,296; 6,502,133) that it recently asserted against LinkedIn, against which it also asserted an additional three (5,847,972; 5,918,009; 7,894,859). A February 2016 complaint asserts a set of seven, entirely different patents from the former Alcatel-Lucent portfolio against Facebook.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics