Samsung the Latest Defendant in SoftVault Systems Campaign
- August 20, 2016
In its decade-long campaign asserting the same two patents (6,249,868; 6,594,765), SoftVault Systems, Inc. has filed a new complaint against Samsung (5:16-cv-04802). The ‘868 and ‘765 patents generally relate to remotely disabling hardware or software components of a computing device via interaction between an “embedded agent” in the component and a remote server. SoftVault Systems accuses Samsung of infringement through provision of products having a mechanism for remote locking/disabling, identifying as an example Samsung’s KNOX platform (along with its SDS EMM and CellWe software).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics