In New Smartphone Camera Suit, Inventor-Controlled Entity Shifts from Licensor to Plaintiff
Inventor-controlled Cutting Edge Vision LLC has filed its first lawsuit, accusing BBK Electronics (OnePlus Technology) (1:19-cv-04753) of infringing three patents through the provision of certain smartphones, including the OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 5, OnePlus 5T, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, and OnePlus 7 Pro. The patents, generally related to “smart cameras”, including the use of voice recognition and automatic upload features, are part of a 13-member family held by Cutting Edge Vision, a portfolio that the plaintiff alleges has been licensed to “four of the world’s leading camera and mobile device manufacturers”: LG Electronics, Microsoft, Samsung, and Sony.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics