IP Edge Entity Targets CDMA Smartphones with Former Linex Patent
Monetization firm IP Edge LLC has filed a second litigation campaign over a patent from among those received in a 30-asset transaction in April 2019 with former litigating NPE Linex Technologies, Inc. The plaintiff is Aperture Net LLC, the patent broadly pertains to spread-spectrum wireless transmissions, and the defendants are BlackBerry (3:19-cv-02315) and ZTE (3:19-cv-02316), sued in the Northern District of Texas; BLU Products (1:19-cv-24043), in the Southern District of Florida; and LG Electronics (LGE) (1:19-cv-01839) and Sony (1:19-cv-01840), in the District of Delaware. Aperture Net targets the provision of smartphones using the CDMA channel access method, naming the KEYone, Blade X Max, Studio Mega, G5 Silver Tracefone, and Xperia X smartphones, respectively.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics