Televisions Join Smartphones, Tablets, VR Headsets as Accused Products in Video Image Processing Campaign
Inventor-backed VDPP LLC has added a third case to the campaign that it began in early August, suing TCL (TTE Technology) (5:19-cv-02019) in the Central District of California. Those earlier cases accused Acer and Facebook of infringing several video image processing patents through certain features within a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, and virtual reality headsets; the new suit adds televisions to the accused product mix, accusing TCL’s “Class 3-Series,” “Class 4-Series,” “Class 5-Series,” and “Class 6-Series” televisions (as well as certain Alcatel-branded smartphones) of infringing patents from the same single-family portfolio.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics