California Jury Returns $1.1B Infringement Verdict in Caltech Suit Against Apple and Broadcom
A Central District of California jury has returned an infringement verdict against Apple and Broadcom in a lawsuit over Wi-Fi technology filed by the California Institute of Technology (Caltech). In that January 29 verdict, the jury awarded $1.1B in damages—$837.8M against Apple and $270.2M against Broadcom, both as a running royalty—but declined to find that the companies’ infringement of the three remaining patents-in-suit had been willful.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics