An Increasingly Active Equitable IP Kicks Off First New Campaign Since 2018
- February 7, 2020
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: Mobile Communications and Devices
Dual SIM Technologies LLC, a subsidiary of Equitable IP Corporation, has filed its first lawsuit, targeting ASUSTek (3:20-cv-00814) over the provision of the Asus Zenfone 2 smartphone. At issue is the device’s dual-SIM (“subscriber identity module”) card use capability. Asserted is a single patent generally related to the use of multiple SIM (“subscriber identity module”) card readers in a “GSM cellular terminal”. The litigation is Equitable IP’s first new campaign in over a year but comes at the end of six months that have seen the NPE add additional defendants to a wide range of its existing campaigns, landing it back among the year-end list of most prolific NPE filers.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!