Lightside’s Video Processing Campaign Keeps Adding Defendants in 2020
Lightside Technologies, LLC continues to add defendants to the litigation campaign that it began back in November 2016, suing Westinghouse Electronics (5:20-cv-00378) in the Central District of California and HTC (3:20-cv-00725) in the Northern District of Texas. Each complaint asserts different members of the same patent family, generally related to upscaling video content and providing video frame-rate conversion—with two family members asserted against HTC over the provision of HTC One series smartphones with slow-motion video capture and one family member against Westinghouse, targeting the provision of HDTVs and UHDTVs with MEMC (motion estimation/motion compensation) features.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics