Sable Networks Tags Cisco in First Litigation over Former Caspian Networks Patents
- April 13, 2020
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: Networking
Sable Networks, Inc. (as patent owner) and Sable IP, LLC (as exclusive licensee) have sued Cisco (6:20-cv-00288) in the Western District of Texas, targeting the provision of routers and switches that run on certain platforms and software (e.g., Catalyst Supervisor Engine, Cisco IOS XR, Cisco AVC, etc.). The six patents-in-suit generally relate to network traffic management, with development work done by Caspian Networks (f/k/a Packetcom, LLC), a company formed in 1998 by Lawrence G. Roberts, characterized in the new complaint as one of the “founding fathers of the Internet”.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!