Equitable IP’s Optical Amplifier Campaign Hits Comcast, Verizon Networks
- June 2, 2020
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: Networking
Optic153 LLC, a subsidiary of Equitable IP Corporation, has sued Comcast (6:20-cv-00483) and Verizon (6:20-cv-00484) in the Western District of Texas over six optical networking patents, targeting the optical amplification in various networks and systems separately provided by either of the defendants. The NPE began this campaign in 2018 in the District of Delaware, with cases against II-VI (Finisar), FS.com, and Lumentum Operations, each subsequently dismissed with prejudice, before turning—as many plaintiffs have—to the Western District of Texas. There, cases are active in early stages against Fiberlabs, Fiber-Mart.com, and Thorlabs, the last of which has contested the propriety of venue in West Texas.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!