IPinvestments Group Launches Payment Processing Campaign Against American Express
As RPX has previously reported, IPInvestments Group LLC (d/b/a IPinvestments Group) became the top NPE recipient of patents divested from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) after a group of entities associated with the Georgia monetization firm picked up thousands of those assets late last year. Another such entity has now filed its first lawsuit, Kioba Processing LLC hitting American Express (3:20-cv-01781) over the provision of various network-based finance products and services provided by it, including AMEX Pay, InAuth and Accertify, Freeze Your Card, Rewards Portal, and SafeKey. The case was filed in the Northern District of Texas, where the plaintiff disclosed nonparties having an interest in the outcome of the litigation.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics