August Sees Expansion, by Five Defendants, of Smart Home and Security Systems Campaign
This past week, Richman Technology Corporation filed suit against Alphabet (Google) (6:20-cv-00769) and Samsung (6:20-cv-00770) after hitting ADT (1:20-cv-00979), Hangzhou Hik-Vision (Hikvision) (2:20-cv-07375), and Robert Bosch (6:20-cv-00758) earlier in August. The inventor-controlled plaintiff asserts against each defendant up to four patents, in overlapping sets, from five at issue across the campaign, the patents generally related to a security system that uses various sensors and devices (including cameras, radio frequency tracking devices, climate control and AC systems, elevators, and energy sensors) to detect site conditions and alert a security guard as needed. In its latest complaints, Richman targets various smart home and security systems.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics