Nokia Becomes Seventh Defendant in Sable’s Networking Campaign
Sable Networks, Inc. and Sable IP, LLC (as patent owner and exclusive licensee, respectively) have filed a new case, against Nokia (6:20-cv-00808), in the Western District of Texas wing of their networking litigation campaign. That campaign began in mid-April 2020, hitting Cisco, Juniper Networks, Dell (EMC), and now Nokia in West Texas, as well as Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, and then HP Enterprise (HPE) (Aruba Networks) in the Eastern District of Texas. District Judge Alan D. Albright has declined to consolidate the first set of cases, setting a January 2020 claim construction hearing in the first-filed case, against Cisco, suggesting that the other defendants could join if so inclined. The East Texas suits have been consolidated, before District Judge Robert W. Schroeder III, with the Fortinet case designated lead.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics