CUPP Fires Eight More Patents at Trend Micro in Texas, California Suit Against NortonLifeLock Remains on Ice
- October 22, 2020
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: Networking
Having recently convinced District Judge Barbara M.G. Lynn in the Northern District of Texas to lift the stay on its prior case against Trend Micro, CUPP Computing AS (as patent owner) and CUPP Cybersecurity LLC (presumably as exclusive licensee) have filed a second one (3:20-cv-03206) in the same district. The stay was imposed to await the outcome of inter partes reviews (IPRs) of seven of the eight patents asserted in the original May 2018 complaint; Judge Lynn lifted the stay, over Trend Micro’s request to leave it in place pending subsequent appeals to the Federal Circuit. CUPP asserts eight more patents in the new case, all generally related to network and device security as well as secure computing.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!