Cutting Edge Vision Lodges Third Suit in Campaign Targeting Intersection of Voice Recognition and Image Capture
- November 3, 2020
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: Mobile Communications and Devices
Inventor-controlled Cutting Edge Vision LLC has sued HTC (2:20-cv-01618) in the Western District of Washington, doubling the number of patents in its sole litigation campaign to four. The asserted patents generally relate to image upload and photo capture using voice recognition, with such features provided on certain HTC smartphones targeted in the new complaint. Cutting Edge Vision has pleaded in each of its complaints that LG Electronics (LGE), Microsoft, Samsung, and Sony have taken licenses to its portfolio, with the two earlier cases, one filed in 2019 against each of BBK Electronics (OnePlus Technology) and BLU Products, ending in separate settlements.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!