Prolific Named Inventor Continues Burst of 2020 Litigation
Broadway Bancshares (Broadway National Bank) (6:20-cv-01135), Credit Human Federal Credit Union (6:20-cv-01137), Electronic Merchant Systems (6:20-cv-01130), First Citizens Bancshares (First Citizens Bank and Trust) (6:20-cv-01132), Government Employees Credit Union (6:20-cv-01133), NCR (JetPay; NCR Payment Solutions) (6:20-cv-01138), TruWest (6:20-cv-01141), and University Federal Credit Union (6:20-cv-01134) have been sued in a new payment services campaign, launched by Caselas, LLC in the Western District of Texas. The Florida plaintiff asserts five patents, generally related to processing information related to an individual’s financial history (including “charge-backs”) prior to a transaction and transmitting it to the merchant, that name as their sole inventor a familiar figure in patent monetization over the past decade.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics