Caselas Adds Six Defendants to Financial Services Campaign
In late January, Caselas, LLC, one of several entities controlled by prolific inventor Raymond Anthony Joao, filed separate Eastern District of Texas lawsuits against Austin Bancorp (Austin Bank) (2:21-cv-00016), BTH Bank (2:21-cv-00017), First Community Bancshares (2:21-cv-00030) Guaranty Bancshares (Guaranty Bank & Trust) (2:21-cv-00031), Telco Plus Credit Union (2:21-cv-00032), and Texana Bank (2:21-cv-00018). The plaintiff asserts in each complaint five patents, generally related to processing information related to an individual’s financial history (including “charge-backs”) prior to a transaction and transmitting it to the merchant, with the defendants accused of infringement through the provision of financial payment cards.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics