IP Edge Expands Cellular Networking Campaign
In December, IP Edge LLC plaintiff Nitetek Licensing LLC expanded its sole litigation campaign with a suit against Beijer Electronics (Westermo Data Communications) (1:20-cv-07629) in the Northern District of Illinois, followed by separate District of Delaware cases against Samsara Networks (1:20-cv-01750) and TVU Networks (1:20-cv-01751). The asserted patent, originating with Panasonic, generally relates to selecting a spreading code for asymmetric communications. The defendants are accused of infringement through the provision of devices (i.e., gateways and routers) that support 3G Universal Mobile Telecommunications Systems (UMTS) networking capabilities.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics