Inventor-Controlled Plaintiffs Sue Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp over Digital Mirroring
EyesMatch Ltd. (as patent owner) and MemoMi Labs Inc. (as exclusive licensee) have together sued Facebook (Instagram, WhatsApp) (1:21-cv-00111) over the provision of their various social media platforms and related services. The plaintiffs target features for capturing and sharing photos and videos that can be modified through various settings or AR filters with four patents generally related to a system for capturing and modifying media content. Salvador Nissi Vilcovsky and Ofer Saban—the named inventors of the patents-in-suit—are identified in the new complaint as the founders of both EyesMatch and MemoMi Labs.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics